Organic Cottage PieAvailable in
Rich savoury mince with herbs, topped off with cheesy mashed potato. Always a favourite! Using only the best globally sourced certified organic ingredients.
What you need
- 600g potatoes, peeled and diced
- 50g butter
- 150mL milk
- Mrs Rogers Salt & Pepper, to taste
- 2tbsp oil
- 400g lean beef mince^
- 200g onions, chopped finely
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- Mrs Rogers Cottage Pie Mix
- 200g frozen mixed vegetables
- 100g grated cheese
ˆsubstitute the mince with 2 cans of Lentils, drained & rinsed.
For shepherd’s pie, use lamb mince
Serve with green peas or a side salad
- Preheat the oven to 180°C; grease an 30 x 19.5cm oven proof dish.
- Cook the potatoes in boiling water, drain and mash them with the butter & milk. Season to taste.
- Heat the oil in a pan and brown the meat with the onions, stirring and breaking up the mince. Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes to the pan, sprinkle Mrs Rogers sachet on top, mix well.
- Bring to boil then cover and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Add in the frozen vegetables.
- Pour the meat mix in the oven proof dish, then spread the mashed potatoes on top, sprinkle with the grated cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
Potato Starch*, Salt, Cane Sugar*, spices* (onion*, ginger*, nutmeg*, cinnamon*, pepper*), Rice Flour*, Natural Colour (Caramel)*, Yeast Extract*, Herbs* (1.5%) (parsley*, bay leaf*, . oregano*), Sunflower Oil.
FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE
*Organic, Certified by BioGro NZ.
May contain Egg, Soy & Milk.
STORE IN A COOL DRY PLACE.