Crispy Golden BatterAvailable in
A natural & deliciously crispy, fish ‘n chip shop style batter that is simple to mix & cook. Perfect for fish, prawns & seafood, crispy onion rings & vegetables. A versatile mix that can be used as a light Tempura or Beer Batter, as well as a perfect adhesion batter for breadcrumbs.
- Whisk 200g dry batter into 300mL cold water, until smooth and thick. For smaller batches work on ratio: 1 part batter mix to 1.5 parts water.
- Add sufficient oil to cover bottom of pan and heat on medium until a drop of batter in the pan sizzles.
- Pat fish fillets dry and dip in batter to thickly coat both sides & cook for 3 minutes each side, or until batter turns golden brown.
- Extra crisp batter: replace water with soda water & stand for 15 mins.
- Beer Batter: replace water with 250mL of your favourite beer.
- Tempura Batter: use ice cold chilled water & use immediately
Ingredients: Wheat Flour, Corn Starch, Salt, Yeast Extract, Raising Agent (sodium bicarbonate), Milk Solids, Spice Extract.
Contains Wheat and Milk
NOT packed on same production line as our wheat free products.
Store closed, in a cool, dry place.