Available in 5gm ECO Pack
The sweetly aromatic Bay Leaf is one of the master herbs, adding a richness and depth of flavour. Fresh Bay Leaves are mild and develop their flavour when dried.
– Delicious in casseroles, soups, sauces, game and meat.
– Ideal for slow cooked dishes where the long cooking time draws out the full flavour, then simply remove and discard before serving.
– Add flavour to béchamel sauce, along with a pinch of nutmeg.
– Add depth to home made stocks.
– Bay Leaf is versatile in savoury dishes, but also adds aroma and depth to rice puddings and sweet mulled wine.
The VarietyHand-selected dried whole leaves from Laurus nobilis. The use of bay leaves for flavouring dates back to ancient Greece, and widely used in European and Mediterranean cuisine.
For Your Appreciation
Add whole to the dish early in cooking and remove before serving, or crush the leaves finely and add to the dish before serving for fragrance.
Bay leaves are not the star of a dish, but add a beautiful depth of flavour as well as aroma.
Featured RecipeHome-made Tomato & Basil Pasta SauceA fresh & versatile base sauce that is perfect for Pasta, Lasagne, Meatballs, Bolognese & a perfect sauce for Pizza bases. Slow cooking helps to concentrate those delicious fresh flavours.