Available in 10g ECO Pack
Basil is a herb with spicy overtones of aniseed and is often associated with Italian cooking. It is especially delicious when combined with tomatoes which can be either cooked or in a salad.
– Basil is an essential ingredient in any tomato based pasta sauce or soup.
– Basil makes a delicious salad dressing: combine olive oil and lemon juice with garlic and a sprinkling of Basil, add salt and pepper to taste.
– Potatoes and vegetables are great roasted with olive oil and Basil.
– Sprinkle Basil and oregano onto pizzas and pasta for an authentic Italian flavour.
– Sprinkle a mixture of Basil, salt, cumin and coriander onto lamb chops before grilling.
– Use in stuffing, omelettes and savoury scones.
The VarietyThere are many varieties of Ocimum basilicum, I have chosen Sweet Basil, most typically associated with Italian cuisine.
Basil is also called the “king of herbs” and the “royal herb”. The name “basil” comes from Greek βασιλικόν φυτόν (basilikón phutón), “royal/kingly plant”.
For Your AppreciationBasil complements tomatoes, green vegetables, salads, soups, eggs, fish, cheese, lamb, pizza and pasta sauces.
For Your Convenience