Chinese Five Spice
Available in 30g ECO Pack
A versatile blend of ground spices, perfect for Chinese dishes and Asian inspired dishes & sauces.
A mix of five ground spices, used in Chinese Cuisine. While there are many variations, my blend includes Anise, Cinnamon, Fennel, Cloves & Cassia for a warm, spicy flavour.
For Your Appreciation
A blend of warming spices used primarily in Chinese and other Asian cuisines. It is generally used on fatty meats including pork, duck and goose.
- Can also help cure urinary tract infections, and some evidence suggests it may prevent stomach ulcers.
- Chewing cloves gives a numbing effect due to high percentage of eugenol.
- Chinese and Asian cultures have been using herbs and spices for medicinal purposes for centuries.
- Cinnamon and Cassia have anti-viral, anti-bacterial, and anti-fungal properties so it may help fight winter colds.
- Cinnamon is an antiseptic and has been used medicinally for thousands of years to soothe stomach irritation, fight tooth decay and gum disease
- Cloves are widely known for their therapeutic value for dental abscesses, colds and rheumatics.
- Fennel is considered an aid to digestion.
- Star anise is the major source of the chemical compound shikimic acid, which is extracted and used in the synthesis of cold and flu medicine. It is also said to relieve gas.
For Your Convenience
- Mrs Rogers ECO Pack is made with eco-friendly, 100% recycled, unbleached board that is both recyclable and biodegradable. Use to refill your glass Mrs Rogers grinders & shaker, or use straight from the pack.
Mrs Rogers ECO Pack features a closable box and the product is kept fresh in an airtight, re-sealable, zip-lock barrier bag that seals in the flavours and aromas so your herbs & spices stay fresher, longer, and do not make a mess of your pantry or drawers.