Available in 20g ECO Pack
Allspice has a warm spicy flavour similar to a mixture of cloves, cinnamon and nutmeg. It is essential in Caribbean cuisine and key flavour in barbeque sauces.
– Use in sweet cakes and stewed fruits.
– Also compliments root veges, meats, gravies and seafood.
– Use for pickles, relishes and adds depth of flavour to home made sauces.
– Whole spices retain better flavour than ground. Store in the closed ziplock bag until needed and grind using a coffee grinder or mortar and pestle.
– To get the flavour through a dish without leaving in the berries, add whole to a muslin bag then remove before serving.
The VarietyThe dried, unripe berries of Pimenta dioica, native to the Caribbean, southern Mexico, and Central America.
For Your Appreciation
Also named Pimento or Jamaican Pepper it is one of the most important ingredients in Caribbean cuisine, being the key flavour of Jerk Rub.
Also widely used as part of pickling spices, Middle Eastern stews and desserts.
For Your Convenience